By Kyriakos Ioannou – Systems Engineer
Office 365 is an integrated experience of apps and services, designed to help you pursue your passion and grow your business, updated monthly with the latest features and security updates.
Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium is a cloud-based solution for small businesses that offers dynamic email hosting, the best of Microsoft’s productivity suite and many productivity tools, including the latest advanced back-office solutions like SharePoint Online.
Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium license includes Email hosting with 50 GB mailbox and custom email domain address, Desktop versions of Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, File storage and sharing with 1 TB of OneDrive storage, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint Online and many more management and collaboration tools.
- Skype for Business: Is the Business version of Skype previously known as Lync, it’s an essential video conferencing tool for a mobile enterprise workforce. Companies can host unlimited online and video conference meetings with up to 250 people with Skype for Business
- Microsoft Teams: Younger members of the modern workforce are familiar with chat applications and are comfortable with them. To meet these employees ' needs, Office 365 now includes Microsoft Teams, a chat-based workspace that integrates individuals, content and tools into a single platform.
- SharePoint: An Office 365 Business Premium subscription also provides a company with a few backend infrastructure management applications. For example, SharePoint can be used to host company intranet websites. It can also be used to host smaller sites for smaller teams or divisions. Users themselves or appointed administrators can designate the permissions for these sites.
Advantages of using Office 365 Business Premium
- Work Anywhere: Office 365 is cloud-based, users can access their files as long as there is an internet connection. This is probably the most important consideration when deciding to purchase Office 365 as more workers need remote access.
- Upgrades: Microsoft is known to frequently upgrade their products to fix bugs and add features. With Office 365, users are automatically upgraded to the latest version of applications at no additional fee and without having to reinstall software on individual PCs.
- Security and Encryption: Microsoft has built several security features into its cloud-based system, including physically restricted access to its data centres, encryption of emails and data, and regular backups. Office 365 has Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA) that detects and alerts companies to suspicious behaviour or malicious links and attachments using machine learning. Additional password controls and remote deletion can be set if a mobile device is lost or stolen.
- Collaboration: There are many collaborative tools on the market today, but since many companies are using Office suite products, this feature is likely to be used heavily. The days of multiple versions floating around a team are gone, each with its own changes. Version control is maintained with multiple users being able to make real-time changes to a single document.