Alerts on Teams or SharePoint are important because they keep you informed when someone make changes on files. There are several ways to get these notifications once they set up in Microsoft Office 365. In this article you will find how to set them on Teams and SharePoint.
When a file or folder is changed on a Microsoft Teams site, do the following actions to get an email notification:
- Open Microsoft Teams.
- Find the Channel where the file is located and select it.
- Select the Files tab.
- Select the file or folder that you want to set up notifications for and click Open in SharePoint.
- When SharePoint opens (in a new window in your web browser), click the three dots for More Actions and then select Alert me.
- Fill out the dialogue box.
- Click OK to save the alert (notification).
You can test your notification by changing, adding, or deleting a file in the folder you selected.
When you establish an alert, you could see multiple options depending on the object (file, folder, or link). To get SharePoint notifications:
- Go to library or to the list.
- Select the link, folder, or file for which you want to get a notification.
- From the list of options for the library or list, select the three dots and then select Alert Me.
- In the Alert me when items change dialog, select, and change the options you want.
- Select OK to save it.
To receive notifications on all changes in a document library in SharePoint:
- Go to the library or list and uncheck all selected items (if any).
- From the list of options for the library or list, select the three dots, and then select Alert Me.
- In the Alert me when items change dialog, change, or check the options you want.
- Select OK.
If you wish to cancel notifications in SharePoint:
- Select the three dots to view your notifications from a page on the site, from the list of options for the list or library, and then select Manage My Alerts.
- Select the alert that you want to delete.
- Select Delete Selected Alerts.
- Select OK to delete.
If you wish to see updates without email alerts:
- Open the document library
- Select Open the details pane
- To view your latest activities for your file, scan the Activity section.
- Select Open the details pane again to close the details pane.