Most of organizations lately had a cyber security incident. This is a basic cyber security list that corporate “MUST” do in order to safeguard their company as much as possible.
- Realize that you are an attractive target to hackers. Don’t ever say “It won’t happen to me.”
- Practice good password management. Use a strong mix of characters, and don’t use the same password for multiple sites. Don’t share your password with others, don’t write it down, and definitely don’t write it on a post-it note attached to your monitor.
- Always be careful when clicking on attachments or links in email. If it’s unexpected or suspicious for any reason, don’t click on it. Double check the URL of the website the link takes you to.
- Make sure you keep all your data on the server or if you have locally on your computer, make sure you keep a backup.
- Anti-virus software is always up to date.
- Be conscientious of what you plug in to your computer. Malware can be spread through infected flash drives, external hard drives, and even smartphones.
- Offline, be wary of social engineering, where someone attempts to gain information from you through manipulation. If someone calls or emails you asking for sensitive information, it’s okay to say no. You can always call the company directly to verify credentials before giving out any information.
- Be sure to monitor your accounts for any suspicious activity. If you see something unfamiliar, it could be a sign that you’ve been compromised.
For more information do not hesitate to contact IBSCY Ltd.
Download PDF version from HERE